This calendar of saints is drawn from several denominations, sects, and traditions. Although it will no longer be updated daily, the index on the right will guide visitors to a saint celebrated on any day they choose. Additional saints will be added as they present themselves to Major.

Friday, January 25, 2013

January 25 -- Feast of Saint Ananias and the Conversion of Paul

This is a cop-out, but today's post directs you straight to Acts 9:1-31.  At this point, there's not much I can add to Luke's version and somehow (please don't mistake my sloth for humility), I don't want to try.
Michelangelo's depiction of the conversion


A detail from the same

Update:  I just read that Paul wrote about this event in Galatians.  I guess I need to read that as well.  I will update again when I have done so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment